Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I am at my wits end!

Do you see this beautiful picture here?  Do you notice the activity that this wonderful child is doing right here?  Well, lately we are having very little of this activity during the night and really not so much during the day.  I can't say what the activity is because if I say the words out loud the universe will smite me and make it worse, but I just have to vent for a moment!

I just don't know what to do anymore!  I spent the first two and a half years of this kids life going from my room to his, trying to soothe and relax a screaming child with a hurting belly.  Then I just GAVE UP and slept with him for the last 6 months because I was so bone tired.

Now I am trying to work my way into my own bed again because I miss my husband, and I miss the complete, wonderful darkness, and I miss not having feet jabbed into my pancreas all night.  I have had a few nights of success and a few of misery.  Sometimes the crying seems as though he really is in pain, but he won't tell me for sure if his belly does hurt.   In addition, we really try to manage his diet to make sure he isn't eating the stuff that hurts him. His skin has been bad with eczema lately and he spends a lot of time in the night trying to claw most of it off no matter how much product I apply. So, is it pain or is it behavioral?  I am leaning toward behavioral and I am trying real, real hard to ignore through the crying episodes, to let him know that sobbing all night is not the solution to our problems, but I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!

He won't go to sleep until 9 or 10 at night, he is barely taking a nap, he wakes up at 6 in the morning and is awake half the night.  He refuses to let my husband help him in the night, so the job is only for me.  I ordered some books for expert advice, but I have read books before, I have done the techniques, I have sat in the dark in the other room and cried myself while my child sobs alone in the dark, trust me, I have tried almost everything.  The biggest problem is that most of the advice seems to be for behavior, not so much for pain.  I am hoping there is some solution out there that can help me, please dear God, help me!


No comments:

Post a Comment