Tuesday, March 29, 2011
I have done A LOT of modification from my first dolly that I posted awhile back. I have two new ones done and have plans for a few more with some other skin tones.
My biggest changes were that I made the dolls a little more petite especially in the face and head. I've worked on the dress quite a bit to make it removable and reversible. I especially like that it is two sided so that a little girl can change her clothes without having to keep track of a ton of different items. I added an apron that I think finished it all off nicely.
The blond doll I was really struggling with. I first had her hair in pigtails. I'm not sure if it was the hair color - which is pretty yellow - or what, but I was really unhappy with her hair. So today I did an overhaul of her hair by giving her some Princess Leia buns. It lifted her whole look up and I was excited by the end result.
I also think I had her clothes wrong. She had on a blue and red dress which seemed to dark for her complexion. I went pastel and it helped so, so much. End of story is that sometimes a little adjustment goes a long, long way.