Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pillows


Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew - one of my favorite sites - posted a tutorial on how to make these Sprocket Pillows.  I really liked them and thought I would give them a go.





I have to say that I am so in love with the way that these pillows turned out.  I used part of a Giddy layer cake by Sandy Gervais.  I liked the fabric before hand, but as I sewed it together I was pleased with how well all the pieces, patterns, and colors blend together.  For the sides and back I used a basic polka dot from a local fabric store.



It seems like mine turned out a little fatter than Allison's did, but I think they will make great floor cushions.  With a kid that is always begging for us to" come on the floor with me," it makes for a nice place to rest the bottom.  I can always make the middle band less wide and it would create a thinner pillow.



My kiddo loves them, and who would have guessed, so does the dog:)  I looked over and there she was, lounging like it was the best thing that had ever happened to her.  Poor, normally uncomfortable Nala.

No comments:

Post a Comment