Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Gluten Free Strawberry Pie

Happy Easter!  I made a gluten free strawberry pie that turned out pretty well.  It was my first time making it so I think there would be some adjustments but overall, really good.


I made a cookie crumb crust out of some pre-made Pamela's mini chocolate chip cookies.  I pulverized about a cup and a half of cookies in the food processor.  Mix with 3 T butter and press into a pie pan along the bottom and up the sides.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.  Let cool completely before adding strawberries.


For the glace:
1 cup strawberries
2/3 c water

Blend until smooth in a food processor or blender.

In a medium saucepan add in;

Strawberry mixture from above
2/3 cup sugar
2 T Cornstarch

Stir well, let come to a boil, stirring often until mixture is thickened.  Let stand to cool before adding to pie. 

To the prepared pie crust add about 8 cups of strawberries.  I like to mostly have mine whole, but you can cut them up as much as you want.  Pour glace over strawberries.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Serve with some whip cream or ice cream and you have a fresh, gluten free pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment